Autism Acceptance Month
Award Nominations | Best of Local | Family Education Series | Fundraising Partners | Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon | Walk the Walk for Autism
April is Autism Acceptance Month
April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day
More event info will be available on our website calendar
For over a decade more than 600 cities, 45 countries, and 3000 structures have celebrated World Autism Awareness Day by lighting schools, businesses, and public buildings in blue light in efforts to shine a light on autism.
This year Autism Nova Scotia is asking you to help us carry on this tradition in a time where your visual and online support is more important than ever.
World Autism Awareness Day is officially April 2nd, but with the Easter celebrations occurring at the same time, we ask you to keep your Shine Blue displays through to the 3rd. April has a variety of activities and events across the province. These events promote understanding, acceptance, and inclusion. We hope you will join us by participating on social media and creating your own events or #ShineBlueNS displays.
What is an #AgentofChangeNS?
An Agent of Change is a business, organization, or individual who is actively shaping the world around them to be a more inclusive place. There are many ways you can do this, check out a few below!
Top 6 ways to #ShineBlueNS
and be an #AgentofChangeNS:
1. Create blue window displays at your home or storefront.
2. Display the official #ShineBlueNS poster
in your window, waiting room, office building or community bulletin board.
3. Change your outdoor and/or indoors white light bulbs to blue. Wear blue clothes on April 2 or 3 (or both!)
4. Join one of our scheduled events in April! See calendar.
5. Ask your family, friends, classmates, and colleagues to wear blue.
6. Decorate your interior with blue balloons, ribbons, and streamers.
Download our facebook profile picture
to show your support!
Download our facebook or twitter
cover photo for social media!