Family Support Services
Autism Nova Scotia’s Inclusion & Family Support team helps individuals on the autism spectrum and their families navigate support and services in HRM and around the province. We also provide advocacy for families and individuals to access services.
Ages/Life Stage Supported:
Parents & Caregivers of Individuals on the Autism Spectrum / Autistic Individuals
Our Inclusion & Family Support teams offer one-on-one support across the lifespan, including: understanding the diagnosis process, transition to-and-from school, peer support, respite services, advocacy and much more.
Family Support Services may also include:
• Public Education & Information Sessions
• School & Community Support
• Support Calls & Meetings
• Services & Program Navigation
• System Navigation
• Advocacy Support
Our Inclusion Team works to promote education, acceptance, and inclusion across the province.
Community Inclusion services include:
• Working in partnership with community
• Collaborating on Provincial Education Sessions
• Transition support and services
• Delivering presentations for schools and other community organizations and partners
For support around the province, you can speak with a Regional Autism Centre Autism Support Coordinator. Find the contact in your area:
Jill Cormier, Inclusion & Family Support Coordinator (HRM)
email@example.com ● 902-446-4995 ext. 22