Amy Farnell Education Awards
WHAT: Post-secondary award
FOR WHOM: Full-time Nova Scotia students on the autism spectrum
MAXIMUM AMOUNT: $3000 a year, renewable for up to four years
MADE POSSIBLE BY: The Craig Foundation & Autism Nova Scotia
STAY TUNED FOR 2023 APPLICATION PROCESS
In honour of Amy Farnell, long-time supporter and cherished friend, Autism Nova Scotia and the Craig Foundation are pleased to present the Amy Farnell Education Award(s) to eligible Nova Scotian students who identify as being on the autism spectrum, and who have been accepted into a full-time post-secondary program.
Each year, the Craig Foundation will contribute $25,000 to the award with each individual award valued at up to $3,000 a year. Each award is renewable for the regular duration of the chosen program, to a maximum of four years. To renew, the student must be in good academic standing and remain enrolled full-time.
The Award is administered by Autism Nova Scotia in partnership with the Craig Foundation and the Amy Farnell Awards Committee.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Nova Scotia.
- Identify as being on the autism spectrum.
- Have been accepted to, or currently enrolled in, any post-secondary institution.
- Be registered to a course load that qualifies them as a full-time student.
- Be more likely to pursue post-secondary education with this extra financial support.
To apply for this award, eligible applicants must:
1. Complete the online Application Form(including essay section on Page 2) (Download Application Form
2. Submit the completed Application Form along with the Acceptance Letter from the student’s educational institution for the upcoming academic year OR a confirmation of enrollment with program start date to: email@example.com
3. Contact the student’s current/most recent school to send official high school transcript or official post-secondary transcript to either firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the address below:
Autism Nova Scotia
5945 Spring Garden Road
Halifax NS, B3H 1Y4
Att: Amy Farnell Award
Should you have any questions regarding the application process or the Amy Farnell Award, please contact us at email@example.com or call 902-446-4995.