Virtual Community Drop-in
Autism Nova Scotia is offering a NEW online/over the phone social program to help provide social opportunities for teens and adults with autism during Public Health Canada’s recommended social distancing period. This program is open to teens and adults with autism across Nova Scotia. Each week we will be doing different virtual activities including but limited to, Jack Box Games, Music Therapy, Trivia and Movies!
You will receive weekly emails with information about each weeks specific program. Please Note: Our programs are on a first come, first serve basis, and have limited spots. You will be required to RSVP via an outlook form that will be located in each weeks email send out.
As a reminder, here are the weekly time slots for the different age groups.
- Age 7-14/Youth Program: Thursday’s from 5-6pm
- Age 14-17/Teen Program: Friday’s from 5-6pm
- Age 18+/Adult Evening Program: Thursday’s from 7-8pm
- Age 18+/Adult Daytime Program: Tuesday’s from 1-2pm
PLEASE READ THE REGISTRATION PROCESS CAREFULLY.
The application process is done online. Interested participants/caregivers will be able to complete their pre-screening form online on the day of registration; the form will be available here on the day registration opens. All pre-screening forms will be processed based on the time stamp in which they were submitted. From there, all successful applicants will be contacted via email and will have one week to complete the full application, which will be included in the email.
Please make sure to read the following BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION FORM.
- Leave 5-10 minutes to complete the form
- There is NO option to save the applications once you start, please make sure you are able to complete them in full- partially completed application will not be considered.
- Submit a SEPARATE application for EACH person you wish to apply for.
If you have any questions regarding Virtual Community Drop-in; please reach out to Caitlyn Temple (children and teens) at email@example.com or Thomas Reynolds (adults) at firstname.lastname@example.org