Ideas for Outdoor Play in the Winter
Active play is important for everyone, young or old! It can be tough to get outside in the cold winter months, but fresh air and movement can boost your mood.
Outdoor play experiences promote learning new words, help with sleep, encourage children to take risks, and allow them more space for movement.
The QuickStart team wants to share fun outdoor activities with your child this season.
- Have a snowball fight
- Spray paint snow with food colouring and water in a spray bottle
- Bring out the sand toys and make a snow castle
- Make snow angels
- Bring your bubbles out and watch them freeze
- Bring out muffin tins and make snow cupcakes
- Go sledding
- Make a snowman
- Invite your child to help you shovel
- Use hula hoops to make an obstacle course
If you want to learn more about QuickStart Nova Scotia or have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-593-1015.